I am writing to give you an update on the situation at Seton. There was a gas leak found below the boiler room and for the safety of our students, we needed to cancel classes while the situation was being investigated. J & K Plumbing & Heating were called in to find the leak and fix it. They have just completed that work but the gas cannot be turned on until the lines are tested and purged. They will complete that process tomorrow and then NYSEG will inspect it and give us the approval to open the school for classes. Since the gas has been turned off since Tuesday, there is no safety issue currently and tonight the performing arts show will be held as scheduled without heat or hot water in the building. We cannot have students in the building tomorrow while J & K are completing the process so we need to cancel classes one more day. We apologize for the inconvenience but want to make sure everything is fixed and safe before students return.
Thank you for your understanding,
Elizabeth Carter, PhD
Catholic Schools of Broome County, President
70 Seminary Ave.
Binghamton, New York 13905