St. John School
St. John School students enrolled in Early Childhood Education, Transitional Kindergarten, Kindergarten through Grade 6 and Before & After School Programs enjoy a challenging educational experience in a Christ-centered environment.
Our students are bright, articulate, and engaged. They excel academically while also exploring art, music, athletics, and many other educational, extracurricular and community service endeavors. Many then continue their academic studies at Seton Catholic High School, which boasts the region’s highest graduation rate — 100%!
Student to faculty ratio
Average Class Size
New York State Test Scores
Since 2015, St. John School – accredited by the Middle States Association, located in Binghamton, New York, and part of the Catholic Schools of Broome County that is under the auspice of The Diocese of Syracuse – has supported students in discovering their unique strengths, expanding their individual capabilities, developing their intellects, forming their faith that is “living, conscious and active” and reflective of the Roman Catholic Church teachings, and fostering community engagement and social responsibility.
Our community of parents, faculty, administrators, religious sisters, and clergy are dedicated to providing a quality education to our children. Students are encouraged to develop and embrace the qualities of spirituality, self-discipline, strong character, and social responsibility. Art, computer, library, music, physical education, and Spanish classes are offered from Kindergarten through Sixth Grade. Kindergarten through Third Grade are taught mainly by the grade homeroom teacher. Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Grade classes are taught by subject matter experts. We offer individualized tutoring and academic intervention.
Saint John School Highlights
Here are some highlights about a Catholic School education at Saint John School:
- Strong religious and moral education
- Experienced, qualified, dedicated and New York State certified staff that is intent on furthering their professional development
- Strong academic programs enhanced with Technology, Spanish, Mandarin, Art, Music & Physical Education and Library
- Spanish and Mandarin instruction in Kindergarten through Grade 6
- Academic Intervention Services (AIS) in Reading, Math, and Writing
- Science Fair
- Monthly liturgies for Holy Days and special occasions
- Participation in Invention Convention
- State of the Art Educational Technology– IPads, Chromebooks and Technology Lab
- Christmas Pageant, Musicals, and Spring Concerts
- May Crowning
- Talent Show
- Barnes & Noble Book Fair
- Annual Poetry Recitation Bee – winner participates in county recitation
- Annual School Geography Bee – winner participates in State Geography Bee
- Private Instrumental Music Lessons – After school
- New Playground
- Strong parental support with active Parent-Teacher Guild
- Free Breakfast and Lunch programs
- Intramural Sports programs
- Before & After School Program
- Weekly newsletter for parents
- Field Trips – Binghamton University, Roberson, Coal Mines, Howe Caverns, Camel Beach, Hershey Park, Governmental Plaza