Host Family Opportunity
We are proud to announce that Seton Catholic Central has received a number of International Student applications for admission . SCC wishes to help these international students explore American education and our rich tradition of Christ-centered spirituality and services.
We believe that the culture exchange among students and faculty will enrich our school and inject new perspective to our local students. As a member of the SCC family, we strongly believe that you will provide the best experience for them, as you share the same Catholic Schools values and identity.
About the Students
- Speak basic to good English.
- Most of them will speak English fluently in a few months based on other students’
- Most of them will attend 9th or 10th grade.
- Will stay 10 months a year until their graduation.
- They will visit their families in the summer.
- Pre-screened, with good academic records and personalities.
- Healthy (receive physicals and immunizations). Covered by $500,000 health insurance.
As a Host Family
- Generous stipend per student per month
- You will have a new family member and life long friend
- Experience different culture and enjoy culture exchange
- Provide a safe environment and be a caring guardian
- Provide the student a place to live and basic toiletries (bed, linen, pillow, blankets, soap, shampoo, towel, etc)
- Provide the student a study area (i.e. desk, chair, etc)
- Let the student eat what your family eats
- Provide basic transportation assistance
As a host family, you have the right to terminate your host agreement with notice in advance. Seton Catholic Central works with One USA Education, the agency is responsible for the monthly stipend, and will work together with you to ensure the safety and monitor the progress of the students. You are welcome to ask for references and learn from other host families’ experiences.
Host Family Inquiry Form
Please complete this form if you are interested in learning more about being a host family for Seton Catholic Centrals International Students.