The Catholic Schools of Broome County are at a defining moment. Educating more than 1,000 students annually, we are the only Catholic system of higher education serving the needs of students in the Southern Tier of New York State. Challenged by the ever-increasing cost of instruction, we must remain committed to the future of our schools. To preserve our commitment to excellence in the academic and spiritual formation of our students, the leadership of the Catholic Schools of Broome County has embarked upon the A Shared Vision That Will Enrich Our Future campaign. A $3.2 million dollar campaign that will ensure the Catholic Schools of Broome County will be able to attract and retain the best students, respond to their evolving needs and recruit dedicated faculty and staff.
Realizing our campaign priorities ensures our historical commitment to academic excellence, providing a learning environment that is centered upon and informed by the values of the Gospel and service to our community. Although our campaign addresses immediate technological, curricular and physical plant needs, ensuring these needs are met will establish a foundation that will inform future planning initiatives.
Instructional Spaces & Learning Centers
As the learning needs of our students evolve in a rapidly changing world, there is a growing need for learning technologies and instructional facilities that keep pace with those changes. Modern, well-furnished areas that are equipped with innovative instructional technologies are essential to maintaining our commitment to academic excellence. Improvements include:
- Upgraded classrooms
- Upgraded art studios
- Upgraded music facilities
- Moveable interactive screens (for Chrome Casting)
- White-board desks & white-boards
- Sound deadening acoustical elements
- Flexible seating node-desks/chairs
- Refinishing risers (high school)
- Climate control upgrades
- LED & flexible lighting & painting
- Technology workstations
- New floors and drop ceilings
Our campaign will transform our current, outdated library spaces into 21st Century Learning Centers and provide supplementary education opportunities for student study and collaborations. Project elements include:
- Technology stations (Chrome / iPad, etc.)
- Updated database for elementary schools
- Study rooms/areas
- White-board desks
- Upgraded seating and storage based on room design
- Flex seating for collaborative learning
Curriculum Coordination & Expansion
Primary & Secondary Curriculum Coordination
The curriculum coordinator will strengthen the system’s instructional program by developing and maintaining a positive coordinated educational program throughout the system of Catholic education.
Elementary Counseling Program
The Catholic Schools of Broome County are committed to education and supporting every aspect of a child’s social, emotional, and spiritual development. Integral to this commitment is academic, social, and emotional counseling. These services are currently available to students in grades 7-12. It is critical that this continuum of services be expanded to the elementary level.
Seton Catholic Central Business Program
The Business Department of Seton Catholic Central will prepare students for a constantly evolving world. Students will develop foundational business skills as well as those in computer and information technologies. Key program elements include:
- Business & Finance Courses – Marketing, Consumer Credit, Accounting, Information Technology, Database Programs, Entrepreneurship, Web Design, Sports and Business Management.
- Community Partnership Collaboration – offering external education and hands-on learning experiences in collaboration with community organizations including Binghamton University, SUNY Broome and regional businesses. This collaboration will include the development of mentorship programs and expanding our relationship with the Future Business Leaders of America.
Immediate Operational Needs
With your support, the Catholic Schools of Broome County will continue to be an education system committed to access and opportunity, transforming lives in Broome County for generations to come.